Saturday, February 23, 2008

Breaking In The New Camera

After the last wedding I taped, I decided to upgrade and buy a Sony HDV 1080i Mini DV camera. I absolutely love it...don't love making the payments on it, but I love it regardless.

My friend Darbi ( of Darbi G. Photography), once again, referred me to an awesome couple (Stephanie and Brad) who was getting married a week before Christmas 2007. They decided to book me and I was really excited to use my new camera for their wedding...I wasn't so excited about the predicted weather conditions for their big day, snow...and lots of it. But that's okay. I wrapped my new camera in garbage bags (classy, huh...but it worked) and captured some of the most brilliant video for the bride and groom on their wedding day.

This video was also my first chance to work with a wide screen format, as my last camera did not allow me to do that. Because I add photos and graphics throughout the video, this was definitely a learning experience for me because of the format change. After talking with the groom and finding out how much he and the bride loved the video, I knew I had made the right decision in buying the camera and adding more options for future clients.

2 comments:

Darbi G. said...

YAY! I'm so glad this video is up. It rocks!

Twigglet1215 said...

Jennifer-
I cry my eyes out every time I watch this video! :') You did such an amazing job and you captured the complete essence of our wedding. I had a blast being with you and DarBig the whole day and I have to say this because it meant sooo much to me... You and Darbi were the two "venders" that I knew I would not have to worry about as far as things going wrong or not showing up AND you guys were the ones who had to drive (in the snow) the furthest! As a bride on the biggest day of my life, that was extremely comforting.
I am looking forward to seeing your work in the future! THANK YOU! :)
-Stephanie Twigg
wedding: 12.15.07